Terms & Conditions
1. Membership to the Taekwondo4Fitness Club
All members agree to comply with the terms and conditions of Taekwondo4Fitness. Failure to do so may result in immediate suspension and termination of their membership and members won’t be entitled to any form of refund.
2. Rules in the Dojang
- Make a proper bow when entering or leaving the dojang.
- Be on time!
- Behave correctly.
- When you are late, wait for the instructor’s approval to join the group.
- 10 minutes rule: Participants who repeatedly turn up later than ten minutes are no longer allowed to participate in the session.
- Always wear a clean and ironed uniform (dobok).
- Clean hands, feet, short nails
- Don’t wear sharp things.
- Don’t wear outdoor shoes in the dojang!
- Please don’t talk unless it is urgent!
- Don’t drink, smoke or eat in the dojang.
- No chewing gums!
- No jewellery is allowed.
- No devices are permitted on your wrist like watches, fitness tracker, etc. (Exception: chest strap HR Monitor)
3. Show respect to
- your instructor,
- to masters and grandmasters,
- all other students,
- the training hall (dojang),
- your opponent,
- to all other martial arts,
- your parents, elders, brothers and sisters.
4. Taster session for new starters
5. Club Registration
Taekwondo4Fitness does not charge a membership or joining fee, but a small handling fee of £5 for the registration and renewal.
6. British Taekwondo Insurance / UK Coaching Insurance
Insurance cover is provided as below:
- UK citizens (British Taekwondo)
- EU member (UK Coaching)
There is no insurance cover available for participants outside the United Kingdom and the European Union. Still, students can sign up for the services offered, including my online fitness classes, but the participation is at their own risk – you are acknowledging this when completing the PAR-Q.
As above, British Taekwondo insurance cover applies only to UK citizens. The insurance costs are typically 22£ and are renewable every year.
Due to the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, a new “Family & Friends Membership” is currently offered to new joiners by British Taekwondo for 10£ per person. It is valid for six months and now includes online activities. More info can be found here.
– Click on the “SIGN UP” button on the top right, a form will be opened.
– Choose from the drop-down menu the “Membership Type” (either Member or Guardian/Parent).
– Select “Taekwondo4Fitness – Online Sessions” from the drop-down list “Club”.
– Afterwards, you fill in the required information in the fields (First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Password, etc.).
– Tick the checkbox at the button to agree to the terms and conditions of British Taekwondo. Click on the “Sign up” button.
– Please check the box at the bottom of the page – “Tick here if you would also like to create a BT Membership Application for this member.”
– The instructor will approve the membership after cleared payment.
You can download your certificate after logging into the hub. It will show the following sentence at the bottom.
“The fee includes personal accident and public liability insurance provided by British Taekwondo, underwritten Allianz Insurance plc.”
British Taekwondo insurance renewals must be applied for at least two weeks before the current licence expiry to ensure continuous membership and insurance.
Renewals made after the expiry date incur an additional fee of £5 for each licence.
Only members holding a valid BT-licence are entitled to attend classes, events, gradings, seminars, competitions and online activity; Taekwondo4Fitness coaches reserve the right to refuse students access to any of these should they not hold a valid licence.
The insurance provided is a member to member liability only!
Personal Accident Insurance is additional, optional insurance that members can purchase individually if needed. Taekwondo4Fitness does not offer personal Accident insurance. For more information, please refer to the British Taekwondo Insurance Policy here.
7. Attending classes
For any child under the age of 16, written consent is required from a parent or a legal guardian. This will be provided to Taekwondo4Fitness before the commencement of classes after the first trial session. This consent is to be given via the club registration and consent form.
9. Class Changes/Cancellations/Closures
Taekwondo4Fitness reserves the right to change and cancel classes when necessary due to bad weather conditions, instructor illness, unforeseen circumstances and any other issues that may stop the class from happening.
Taekwondo4Fitness closes on Bank Holidays and over the Christmas period. Taekwondo is under no obligation to refund class fees for this closure period; no refund will be issued.
Over the school holidays, if the Grange School is closed or the Gym facility unavailable, depending on the costs and availability, classes may be offered at a different facility at the Grange School or an alternative venue (i.e. the Aylesbury Multicultural Community Centre). This is subject to costs and availability.
If the problem is unresolved to your satisfaction, then please email Taekwondo4Fitness at firstname.lastname@example.org within seven days of the issue being raised. A response will be sent within 14 days of receipt of the email. We take your concerns very seriously and will try to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
11. Instructor Qualifications & Standards
The coaching staff are fully qualified, insured, and DBS certified. The instructors are trained to recognise the signs of child abuse. If a child makes a disclosure or coaching staff believe that the child is suffering from abuse, we will follow the British Taekwondo Safeguarding Policy.
13. Health & Safety
If the parent or legal guardian cannot collect their child, the parent or legal guardian must inform the instructor about the person and who will be receiving their child.
Taekwondo4Fitness has indemnity and public liability insurance with a cover provided by British Taekwondo as well as through UK Coach for EU members.
16. Medical information
Any medical condition that any participant may have or may arise must be fully disclosed at the time of registration and to the instructor before the class commerces. Failure to provide such information could prove a health risk. Taekwondo4Fitness takes no responsibility whatsoever for students/parents who fail to disclose such issues and thus put themselves or their child and other participants at risk of injury or medical complications.
17. Personal Property
Taekwondo4Fitness cannot be held responsible for theft, loss or damage to any personal belongings left inside or outside the venue.
18. Services offered at the venue / Training Fees
Due to the coronavirus pandemic’s current situation, all classes at a venue are cancelled until further notice. I am sorry to be in this position; the health of my members is my priority.
I am offering an Online Fitness class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7 PM GMT via Zoom to keep you motivated. There is also online coaching available! Please check the online coaching section here for more information.
19. Online-Coaching Insurance
For members who are not living in the United Kingdom, please refer to section 6 here.
British Taekwondo partnered up with Bluefin that now includes a cover for online activity, please click here for more info. The insurance cover for instructors and Friends & Family members only valid for general fitness online activity that applies to closed groups, i.e. my closed Facebook group, Zoom or Instagram.
Participants will be invited and accepted to join with a user name and password.
These sessions are not available to anyone, only for members registered within the club.
The sessions will be delivered via live broadcast or broadcast of pre-recorded material.
20. Online Fitness Class Registration
To keep you active and fit during these challenging times with the COVID-19 pandemic,
I am offering Online-Fitness-Classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7 PM for ages 13 and above.
Kids are welcome to join as well, but a legal guardian must be present!
If you want to become a member and take part in regular classes, the registration process includes the three following steps that need to be completed:
- Participants are required to fill in an online questionnaire (PAR-Q) and a registration form (Child/Children and Adult)
- Acknowledge the Safety note for the online sessions.
- Ensure you have a valid insurance cover through British Taekwondo (UK citizens only), more info can be found in section 6 or here.
For EU citizens, a different cover is provided through UK Coaching. The price is already included in the membership fees.
21. Safety Note for every session
- By participating, members are doing so at their own risk.
- The sessions are for British Taekwondo Family & Friends registered membership holders only and full members from the Taekwondo4Fitness club.
- A suitable, non-slip floor area is required covering 3m x 3m to prevent injury.
- All potential obstacles in the vicinity are removed before members can participate.
- No use of blades, weapons or sharp instruments of any description is allowed at any time.
- Everyone should be aware of their ability and listen to their body to ensure the training is happening safely.
- Avoid physical contact with other participants.
- Avoid activities if you have, or suspect you may have any current health concerns, injuries, aches and pains.
- The live sessions are light physical exercise training only, with the following outline principles:
- All exercises and training to be done individually
- General, light warm-up exercises on the spot
- Static stretching and limited dynamic stretching on the spot
- Fun and straightforward generic exercise routines
- Slow or simple hand movements (e.g., blocking and striking actions)
- Kicking exercises below hip level
- No contact activity between two or more people whatsoever
- No kicking exercises over hip level
- No more than two combinations of technique
- Spinning movements
- Heavy or endurance exercises
- Anything with weight equipment
- Resistance training
22. Online Fitness Class Fees
I am offering two packages for New Starters (first two trial lessons are FREE) and regular members who participate in my online fitness class, either on a weekly or bi-weekly basis after completed registration.
New Starter – 2 sessions per week for a month
This offer applies to eight online fitness classes for four weeks including registration, insurance cover with British Taekwondo, and any incurring handling fees!
This offer applies to four online fitness classes for four weeks, including the insurance cover with British Taekwondo as well as any incurring handling fees!
Packages for existing members (UK & EU Members) with (BT & UK Coaching) insurance cover
Two sessions per week for a month
One session per week for a month