Terms & Conditions
1. Membership to the Taekwondo4Fitness Club
All members agree to comply with the terms and conditions of Taekwondo4Fitness. Failure to do so may result in immediate suspension and termination of their membership, and members won’t be entitled to any form of refund.
2. Rules in the Dojang
- Make a proper bow when entering or leaving the dojang.
- Be on time!
- Behave correctly.
- When you are late, wait for the instructor’s approval to join the group.
- Ten minutes rule: Participants who repeatedly turn up later than ten minutes are no longer allowed to participate in the session.
- Always wear a clean and ironed uniform (dobok).
- Clean hands, feet, short nails
- Don’t wear sharp things.
- Don’t wear outdoor shoes in the dojang!
- Please don’t talk unless it is urgent!
- Don’t drink, smoke or eat in the dojang.
- No chewing gums!
- No jewellery is allowed.
- No devices are permitted on your wrist like watches, fitness tracker, etc. (Exception: chest strap HR Monitor)
3. Show respect to
- your instructor,
- to masters and grandmasters,
- all other students,
- the training hall (dojang),
- your opponent,
- to all other martial arts,
- your parents, elders, brothers and sisters.
4. Taster session for new starters
Before the first free taster session, a booking form, a Taekwondo Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (Short: T-PAR-Q) and a Safety Note need to be completed. It is a standard method of uncovering health and lifestyle issues before a Taekwondo training programme starting. The PAR-Q is short and easy to administer and reveals any family history of illness.
5. Club Registration
Taekwondo4Fitness does not charge a membership or joining fee but a small handling fee of £5 for the registration and renewal.
6. Insurance Cover
Insurance cover is provided as below:
- UK and EU members (UK Coaching)
There is no insurance cover available for participants outside the United Kingdom and the European Union. Still, students can sign up for the services offered, including my online fitness classes, but the participation is at their own risk – you are acknowledging this when completing the PAR-Q.
The insurance provided is a member to member liability only!
Personal Accident Insurance is additional, optional insurance that members can purchase individually if needed. Taekwondo4Fitness does not offer personal Accident insurance.
7. Attending classes
Members are allocated a place at a class of their choice and subject to availability. If the class is full, new starters or members will be offered a spot on the waiting list for the class required.
For any child under the age of 16, written consent is required from a parent or a legal guardian. This will be provided to Taekwondo4Fitness before the commencement of classes after the first trial session. This consent is to be given via the club registration and consent form.
There is a 10 minutes rule in place. Participants who repeatedly turn up later than ten minutes are no longer allowed to participate in the session. Members who turn up late within this time slot are requested to wait at the entrance area until the instructor asks the student to join the class.
9. Class Changes/Cancellations/Closures
Taekwondo4Fitness reserves the right to change and cancel classes when necessary due to bad weather conditions, instructor illness, unforeseen circumstances and any other issues that may stop the class from happening.
Taekwondo4Fitness closes on Bank Holidays and over the Christmas period. Taekwondo is under no obligation to refund class fees for this closure period; no refunds will be issued.
Over the school holidays, if the facilities are unavailable, classes may be offered at a different facility depending on the costs and availability. This is subject to charges and availability.
Taekwondo4Fitness may be closed for two weeks over the summer holidays. The incurred amount will be credited to the bank account for students who pay monthly for their classes.
If you are unhappy with the service offered, then please, in the first instance, raise your concern with the instructor after the class.
If the problem is unresolved to your satisfaction, then please email Taekwondo4Fitness at email@example.com within seven days of the issue being raised. A response will be sent within 14 days of receipt of the email. We take your concerns very seriously and will try to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
11. Instructor Qualifications & Standards
The coaching staff are fully qualified, insured, and DBS certified. The instructors are trained to recognise the signs of child abuse. If a child makes a disclosure or coaching staff believe that the child is suffering from abuse, we will follow the Safeguarding Policy.
From time to time, Taekwondo4Fitness may take photographs or film during a class. The use of this data is only to promote and publicise Taekwondo4Fitness through our website, social media or literature. The parents/guardians who do not wish for their child to be photographed or filmed must make Taekwondo4Fitness aware of this at the time of the club registration or in writing before the activity commences.
13. Health & Safety
If the parent or legal guardian cannot collect their child, the parent or legal guardian must inform the instructor about the person receiving their child.
Taekwondo4Fitness has indemnity and public liability insurance with a cover through UK Coaching for UK and EU members.
Other than to death, personal injury, or property damage, where Taekwondo4Fitness or their coaches are proven to be negligent, the liability of Taekwondo4Fitness to you is limited to the class fee paid.
16. Medical information
Any medical condition that any participant may have or may arise must be fully disclosed at the time of registration and to the instructor before the class commerces. Failure to provide such information could prove a health risk. Taekwondo4Fitness takes no responsibility whatsoever for students/parents who fail to disclose such issues and thus put themselves or their child and other participants at risk of injury or medical complications.
17. Personal Property
Taekwondo4Fitness cannot be held responsible for theft, loss or damage to any personal belongings left inside or outside the venue.
18. Services offered at the venue / Training Fees
Due to the coronavirus pandemic’s current situation, all classes at a venue are cancelled until further notice. I am sorry to be in this position; the health of my members is my priority.
I am offering an Online Fitness class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7 PM GMT via Zoom to keep you motivated. There is also online coaching available! Please check the online coaching section here for more information.
19. Online-Coaching Insurance
For members who are not living in the United Kingdom, please also refer to section 6 here.
The UK Coaching insurance cover includes a cover for online activity; The insurance cover is only valid for general fitness online activity that applies to closed groups, i.e. my closed Facebook group, Zoom or Instagram.
Participants will be invited and accepted to join with a user name and password.
These sessions are not available to anyone, only for members registered within the club.
The instructor will deliver the sessions via live broadcast or broadcast of pre-recorded material.
20. Online Fitness Class Registration
To keep you active and fit during these challenging times with the COVID-19 pandemic,
I am offering Online-Fitness-Classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-7 PM for ages 13 and above.
Kids are welcome to join as well, but a legal guardian must be present!
If you want to become a member and take part in regular classes, the registration process includes the three following steps that need to be completed:
21. Safety Note for every session
- By participating, members are doing so at their own risk.
- The sessions are only for registered members from the Taekwondo4Fitness club.
- A suitable, non-slip floor area is required covering 3m x 3m to prevent injury.
- All potential obstacles in the vicinity are removed before members can participate.
- No use of blades, weapons or sharp instruments of any description is allowed at any time.
- Everyone should be aware of their ability and listen to their body to ensure the training is happening safely.
- Avoid physical contact with other participants.
- Avoid activities if you suspect you may have any current health concerns, injuries, aches and pains.
- The live sessions are light physical exercise training only, with the following outline principles:
- All exercises and training to be done individually
- General, light warm-up exercises on the spot
- Static stretching and limited dynamic stretching on the spot
- Fun and straightforward generic exercise routines
- Slow or simple hand movements (e.g., blocking and striking actions)
- Kicking exercises below hip level
- No contact activity between two or more people whatsoever
- No kicking exercises over hip level
- No more than two combinations of technique
- Spinning movements
- Heavy or endurance exercises
- Anything with weight equipment
- Resistance training
22. Online Fitness Class Fees
I am offering two packages for New Starters (the first two trial lessons are FREE) and regular members who participate in my online fitness class, either on a weekly or bi-weekly basis after completed registration.
New Starter – 2 sessions per week for a month
This offer applies to eight online fitness classes for four weeks, including registration, insurance cover and any incurring handling fees!
New Starter – 1 session per week for a month
This offer applies to four online fitness classes for four weeks, including the insurance cover as well as any incurring handling fees!
Packages for existing members (UK & EU Members) with the UK Coaching insurance cover
Two sessions per week for a month
One session per week for a month